Soda Pop Public Relations is seeking a full-time Account Coordinator who is interested in working as part of a team in a dynamic, growing company. Candidates must be driven, creative, confident, organized, witty, and have a love for food and travel.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft, edit and distribute press materials
- Build, update and maintain media list and contacts
- Create and update clips and client reports
- Prepare call agendas and event recaps
- Monitor press coverage
- Assist Account Executives in day-to-day client work
- Assist management in client correspondence
- Assist in maintenance of and updating social media pages
- Track and maintain all samples sent out
- Support account team in planning media events
- Research trends, pitches
- General office duties: faxing, scanning, conference calls, booking travel, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- College degree majoring in PR, communications, digital media, advertising, marketing, journalism
- Previous PR/marketing internships and/or 1 year of professional PR experience
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Capacity to think independently, work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet research
- Understanding of social media tools and platforms
- Interest in working in a social, casual and fun work environment with openness to an untraditional approach to agency structure
Team members will be part of an exciting time in the agency’s development. Please send résumé, brief cover letter, writing samples and your favorite blog and why to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This is an entry-level job with opportunity for growth. Resumes without a thoughtful cover letter, writing samples and favorite blog example will not be considered.