A few weeks ago, I attended a social media workshop hosted by the lovely Bri Emery of designlovefest at her impeccably designed The Unique Space studio. During the two-hour workshop, Bri shared valuable tricks she’s learned along the way to help grow your following and promote your business in an organic way on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
The workshop was geared towards small business owners, freelancers and bloggers but most of her tips can apply to clients as well as personal social media channels. Below are a few highlights that I hope you find helpful.
Overall Tips & Tricks
- Bri attributes her natural tendency for being a “Shareoholic” to her success. People like to know that brands/people are human. Get personal. Show behind the scene content. People love the process.
- Create a brand that people know from your pictures and content.
- Go out and live your life. The best content comes from travel, restaurants, farmers markets, parties, walking around L.A., etc.
- Keep your copy as short as possible and use bitly to create shortened links.
- Balance promoting your brand vs. supporting others.
- Tailor your content based on what your followers respond to.
- You have to love social media for the best results.
- Ask yourself “How can you involve your audience?”
- Stay interesting and know what’s going on in your industry.
- Post quality photos! A few tips:
- Snap, snap, snap until the composition is right
- Lighting is key
- Shoot multiple angles
(All images by designlovefest)
These highlights only scratch the surface of what you can learn from this workshop. For anyone interested in learning more, you’re in luck! Bri recently announced two more social media workshops have been added to the schedule for Saturday, May 10. Get more info here.