It’s Friday and although we have seen little hints here in Southern California that fall is upon us, we don’t get to reap the full benefits of crisp fall weather and gorgeous foliage. But what we can do to celebrate the approaching holiday season is make a warm fall inspired cocktail. What better way to infuse your home with the aroma of autumn than brewing up a sweet treat?
Here is an easy recipe that is perfect for holiday parties, family gatherings or as a soothing drink to wind down after a long week. Feel free to substitute whiskey for brandy, rum or bourbon and add as much or as little cinnamon, nutmeg and honey as you like. Make it to taste and enjoy.
- 8 cups of Apple Cider
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- Honey + nutmeg to taste
- 1.5 cups of Whiskey or Dark Rum
- Bring cider to boil in medium pot
- Add cinnamon sticks and nutmeg then simmer
- Remove from heat and mix in alcohol
- Stir with a tsp. of honey to taste
- Garnish with orange peel or thin apple slices (optional)
Tip: If you are making a single serving, pour cider in a mug then add an ounce of Whiskey or Dark Rum