Soda Pop Public Relations is seeking a part-time intern with a love for food and travel. We’re a boutique firm based in L.A. with a thoughtful, savvy and creative approach to public relations. Our philosophy: Work smart, have fun, eat well and do it all over again tomorrow!
The desired candidate must have:
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Basic knowledge and experience of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, WordPress, Vine and more
- Ability to conceptualize creative and innovative strategies
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and effectively multi-task
- Knowledge of print and digital media, particularly those that impact client activities
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, articulate, professional and fun!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop social media campaigns and promotions for clients
- Assist with media relations, including pitching, researching media contacts and monitoring client coverage
- Generate project and creative briefs to illustrate the elements of a project including objectives, strategies, target audience and execution details
- Create content and content calendars for client social media channels (Facebook, Vine, Linkedin, Instagram, Blog and more)
- Ensure that conference, action, monthly and time reports are completed in a timely manner
- Write, edit and proofread press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, pitches and more
- Office administrative duties
*Needed 2-3 days a week. Hours are flexible; however, interns must be available a minimum of 10 hours per week. Internship is unpaid.
Think you got the secret sauce? Tell us why you would make a great intern in 140 characters or less and send along your resume and cover letter to: