We are so excited for our co-worker Erin Bailey who is celebrating a new addition to her family, a beautiful new baby, Bella. Being a new mom is full of surprises and we sat down with Erin to gain a little insight on her new big role.
1. How would you describe your life as a new mom in just six words?
I love you, but please sleep
2. What is the number one piece of advice you would give other expecting moms?
Not to sweat the small stuff. Things are going to be crazy and you won’t always know what to do, but you have to roll with the punches, laugh and smile through it all. It’s one crazy adventure and you don’t want to miss a thing!
3. What’s it like juggling motherhood, being a wife and working all at once?
It’s all about finding balance and setting reasonable expectations for yourself. You definitely learn to use every minute in the day. I think the key to being able to juggle it all is setting aside some ‘ME’ time every day for yourself. It also makes it easier when you have a great partner and job you love.
4. Is there one baby item you can’t live without?
YES! The ‘My Little Lamb Cradle n’ Swing’ is a life saver. Seriously, this should be a ‘must have’ item on all expectant parents’ registries. You will thank me later.
5. What has been one of your most cherished memories with Bella so far?
I would say the first time she smiled back at me. It’s hard to communicate with a newborn, especially when they are crying and you don’t know what to do. But the first time she smiled back at me there was a mutual feeling of happiness between us and we really connected with each other. Definitely a cherished moment.