One of my goals for 2013 is to be more social. 2012 was a big year. New employees, new office and many frequent flyer miles. As a small business owner, you can easily fall into the trap of working in a bubble. Not coming up for air or consulting with other fabulously talented colleagues, creatives and professionals. Enter #thinkndrinkLA.
What is #thinkndrinkLA? Started in Portland, OR by the wickedly smart Jala Smith-Huys, Owner of Embark Creative, #thinkndrink is a casual, organic, nomadic Friday happy hour for creatives looking to hang out and build relationships with other creatives.
A few things to know about #thinkndrinkLA:
- it will happen every Friday in Los Angeles
- location changes weekly and is shared only through Twitter – follow #thinkndrinkLA
- you can join us weekly, monthly, yearly. #thinkndrink Portland has anywhere from 2 to 60 people who stop by on a weekly basis
- there is no website or email address
- anyone is welcome, although most #thinkndrinkers tend to frequent the creative/PR/freelance/digital/marketing scene
- we don’t wear nametags
- you don’t have to be a drinker (but we may heckle you)
- networking does occur (and many people have picked up work or acquired new jobs through folks they met at #thinkndrink Portland) but we never call it a networking event
- it started in Portland by @EmbarkCreative
Here’s to thinking and drinking! Hope to see you one of these Fridays.