Soda Pop Public Relations is now hiring a part-time* intern with a passion for food, wine and social media. We’re a boutique firm located in Hollywood with a creative approach to campaigns, events and launches for food, beverage, hospitality and lifestyle clients. If you fit the description below and share our philosophy – work smart, have fun, eat well and do it all over again tomorrow – then we’d love to hear from you.
The desired candidate will be enthusiastic, professional and fun and will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tumblr, WordPress, Vine, etc.
- Ability to conceptualize creative and innovative strategies
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work on a deadline and effectively multi-task
- Knowledge of print and digital media, particularly food, beverage and lifestyle publications
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adobe Photoshop experience (preferred but not a deal breaker)
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop social media campaigns and promotions for clients
- Assist with media relations, including pitching, researching media contacts and monitoring client coverage
- Generate project and creative briefs to illustrate the elements of a project, including objectives, strategies, target audience and execution details
- Create content and content calendars for client social media channels and blogs
- Ensure that conference, action, monthly and time reports are completed in a timely manner
- Write, edit and proofread press releases, media alerts, fact sheets, pitches and more
- Office administrative duties
*Needed 2-3 days per week. Hours are flexible; however, intern must be available a minimum of 10 hours per week during office hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) Internship is unpaid.
Think you have the secret sauce? Tell us why you would make the best Soda Pop intern in 140 characters or less and send along your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org